Wednesday, October 29, 2003

.
1. Second day of Ramadhan. People are still killing each other there in Baghdad. And in many other places.
2. Yesterday was severe. Got an unbearable headache. Couldn't even turn my head down. I am sure it was not because of the fasting. But maybe of the extreme change in weather. Or, do I have too high a blood pressure?
3. And this morning, thanks to a dead battery inside the alarm clock, I failed to wake up for sahoor. Good that I ate something -- yes, it was ramen, but this time I added some corned beef in, to your relief -- last night before going to bed. (BD my friend would say: God, that's terrible. Eating ramen before night sleeping. You're gonna die soon).
4. Cold. But not that cold as yesterday. I chose to walk rather than taking a bus. I like walking. It gives me time to read 5-10 pages everytime before arriving at Mumford. Yes, non-academic stuff. I'm reading Yann Martel's "Life of Pi", an NYT bestseller and Booker prize winner. (I bought this last week along with Krugman's new "Great Unraveling" -- left me with three "homeworks", the other one being Everitt's Cicero). This novel, "Life of Pi" is about a character Piscine Patel, a boy (then, eventually a grown up) who is in search for God(s). Born as a Hindi, he came across Christianity and Islam. I enjoy Martel's style. Flowing like Ganga, the river Pi likes to talk about.

No comments: