Come to think of it, I'm now wondering: what is the best way to "enlighten people"? Here's what I could think of, based on what I have seen many people do:
- There are more people watching TV than reading newspapers. So get into that TV thing. Make your way to get invited into talk shows -- preferably those with some clowns in them or comedian host with pretty actress.
- If you don't like acting on TV, write op-eds in newspapers or magazines, preferably the populists ones. Write something that suits its editor's taste. Better yet, get a contract for regular column called "analysis" or something. Doesn't matter what you write in there (can be a total crap). But hey, the newspaper names it "analysis", so relax. People will adore you, journalists will ask your opinion.
- Give talks in as many seminars as possible, preferably those attended by guest celebrities. Doesn't matter if you are asked to talk about Indonesian Idol or inflation rate. Just don't forget one thing: never say you don't know when you are asked something. Mumble, if you like -- just don't stay silent.
- Make good friends with journalists -- especially the lazy ones. The professional ones would do cross-checking, fact-checking and all that -- you don't want them. The lazy ones will just print whatever you say -- or send via SMS.
- When interviewed by a radio station, mention the word "rakyat" as many as possible. Guaranteed, you'll be on air again soon.
- Do not blog. Blogging is stupid and does not get you anywhere: government officials don't read it, parliamentarians don't give a damn. So don't waste your time.
- But if you can't resist the temptation to blog, make sure you obediently link to a blog authority (usually the self-declared ones work quite well) so you can be famous through his or her endorsement (some sort of blogger of the year, maybe). Oh, don't blog with fake name or even worse, anonymously. You'll be called coward -- that's not good.
Now let's see what I have done... Oh my god, nothing! I guess I'm just incapable or I'm a selfish little bastard... Or maybe a little bit of both.