Friday, May 12, 2006

Mannerless "Hero"?

Is there a hero without manner? Yes, his name is Ahmadinejad.

Before you get me wrong again, let me be clear and blunt. I don't hate Iran, and I don't have problem with its nuclear program and all that. Nuclear competition is healthy. That leads me (or you) to the natural question: so how about United States? Alright, I don't hate America. Well I like it, actually. But in case you're one of those generalists, let me be very clear again: I hate Bush. I think Bush is one of the most tragic accidents in American history (Ross Perrot and Ralph Nader come close).

Back to this Ahmadinejad. I applaude his strong determination -- regardless of what he's up to (for that matter, should I also applaud Evo Morales or Hugo Chaves? Well, let me put it this way: I feel sorry for them two).

But what makes me unhappy with Ahmadinejad is that he seems to be lacking of manner. I know, it sounds trivial as in: "For God's sake Aco, why do you even bother with such a small thing?" But think about it: a president who does not respect agreed time and schedule? In his meeting with SBY, for example, he took 30 minutes of SBY's allocated time (well that's partly SBY's men's mistake -- they should've cut him) . In his visit to University of Indonesia, he spoke 45 minutes longer than he was supposed to. And finally he stood up the press people who were desperately waiting for the scheduled press conference -- for two hours. You can do a lot in two hours.

Many students (who love everything against America) declare him a hero, nevertheless. (Yes, Morales and Chaves are also in their list).

A mannerless hero. Now that is an oxymoron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many students (who love everything against America) declare him a hero, nevertheless. (Yes, Morales and Chaves are also in their list).

Yes, sure. I definitely agree with you, sir. Lucunya, banyak pelajar/mahasiswa mengidolakan tokoh yang "salah."

What a life.