The Natural Resource and Environment Economics, final exam last week. This is somewhat a watered-down version of the mid-term --which turned out not to be very rewarding.
- What do we mean by efficient allocation of scarce water? Do you think we in
have allocated the water efficiently? Why? Do you have suggestion on how we should manage water use in Indonesia ? Indonesia
- What do you think of the “Global Scarcity Hypothesis”? Does it make sense? Why or why not?
- Should we privatize our forests? Why or why not? (For either case, please provide an economic argument, not a romantic one *).
- Explain again, why maximum sustainable yield can be a bad target for fish catching if the objective is to conserve the fish?
- Give me one reason why the government should intervene in supplying water. Elaborate on that. If you don’t think there is any single reason, argue.